The Business Unit Leader Saint Nazaire, will provide comprehensive leadership, strategic vision, operational management, P&L accountability, as well as strategic leadership within the Production department. Responsible for leading the Business Unit toward maximum value creation and, through the team, responsible for ensuring highly efficient operations, responding quickly to the needs of the business.
- Create and deploy strategy for the production operations, fully aligned to the business vision;
- Nurture a high-performance culture throughout the workforce, dedicated to achieving stretched results
- Participate as a key member of the site Leadership Team
- Commit to the requirements of customer demand, specify the required resources and be accountable for the results;
- Establish, manage and develop day to day priorities of the process and direct reports;
- Ensure production and quality goals are met per the plant business plan;
- Establish and manage the cost control budget for area equipment, people etc.;
- Calculate operational metrics and analyze progress against targets; ensure Value Stream Leaders are aligned with analysis;
- Lead, develop and promote a culture of continuous improvement;
- Provided consistent and thorough measurement and reporting of performance through scorecards, KPI’s etc.;
- Ensure best practice of safe working methods to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
Candidate Experience and Qualification:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar position, within a outfitting environment is essential.
- A proven record of implementing production improvement projects.
- A career in successfully managing and developing a multi-skilled team.
- Experience in financial and budgetary planning at department level
- Commercial experience advantageous, but not essential
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to deal with people at all levels. (construction – senior management)
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills
- Fluent in English & French- German & Spanish is an advantage
- Good problem solving skills combined with an innovative approach.
- Strong influencing leadership, coaching, motivational and people development skills
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent production planning and coordinating skills